Recurring tasks are a great help if you have tasks that need to be created on a regular schedule. This allows you to close the current task you have finished and Magnetic will automatically create a new one for you.
Follow these steps in order to create a recurring task:
- Head to the task section.
- Click New Task.
- Fill out the information.
- Setting an End Date for the task is very important - if there is no End Date you will not be able to create a recurring task.
- Click the Add Recurrence icon to display the Recurring Schedule
This will display the recurring schedule
- Here you are able to choose various options on when you would like the recurring task start and end - you can choose a task to recur on a daily, weekly monthly or yearly, and choose the specific day of the week or month you would like that task to end.
- Once you have filled in all the necessary information - Click Save.
- Your recurring tasks will be generated and you will need to enable the Recurring tasks filter (as highlighted below)in the task list view to view your future recurring tasks.
- You will notice a circular icon next to the newly created recurring tasks.
- Clicking on this icon brings you to a page of all the tasks in the sequence.
- Here you can edit individual tasks.
- If you wish to change your recurrence from a Tuesday to a Wednesday -
- Simply deselect Tuesday and select Wednesday.
- If you need to change the Task Name or any other information
- Edit the Task
- select the "Apply task details to future recurrences".
- To Turn Off the recurrence
- Edit the Task you wish to end the recurrence.
- Choose Never from the drop down box .