Accurate time tracking is essential if you want to have useful reports.
There are three ways to track time to tasks in Magnetic:
Method 1: Timesheet view:
- Admins can track time for users in the timesheet.
- Click on Timesheets in the navigation menu
- Tick the "show all my tasks".
- Add times in the slots where you need to.
- Time is saved once it has been entered into the slots. You can remove or edit time directly in the slots
***Note***Method 1 allows for editing multiple tasks while Method 2 and 3 are tracking per task.
Method 2: Stopwatch on Tasks (Called the "Auto Tracker")
- Click on tasks and select the List View.
- On the right side of the task, you will see Action (3 dots) menu. Click on the menu to start tracking.
You will see time starting to track at the bottom of your screen. Green indicates active tracking on the task. If the clock is blue it means that another user is tracking time on the task.
- Click the stopwatch in the to stop the time tracking.
- You can also start tracking time on your "Top Task" by clicking on the "Start tracking" icon in the bottom menu.
If you are in the task details view, you can click on the stopwatch icon in the header as seen below: (A green clock will appear in the Time tracked section of the task details to indicate that time is being tracked.
Method 3: Task Time Entries
- From the Actions (3 dots) menu select View Task Time Entries.
- This will load the time entries page for the task. Add a comment as tracked time.
- Click on save after each entry.
- You can also add "Reduced time" if you want to reduce the amount of time you tracked on Magnetic. Just put a - in front of the time entry. people must rather. However, it is better to reduce the time logged that was incorrect instead of creating a new entry for a negative amount.
Task time entries