or an added layer of security on your account, you can enable Two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA. This will require you to enter an OTP (one time pin) upon logging into Magnetic.
Before setting this up, you'll need to ensure that you have an authenticator app installed on your mobile device.
We recommend Google Authenticator or Authy but you can use any one of your choice. Please note that you won't be able to set up 2FA without an authenticator app.
Please check out the app store for Google / IOS to download your authenticator app of choice.
We have also provided links for you during the set up process as explained below.
To get 2FA set up please follow the steps below:
- Click on your name in the top right hand corner
- Click "Personal Settings"
- Scroll down to the Two-Factor Authentication section and click the "Yeah, let's do it!"button
- Once the window loads, you can read the overview
- You can use the links provided to download an authenticator app for your operating system (Android or IOS) or choose that you've installed a different authenticator
- Once you have your authenticator app installed, click "Next" or choose "I've installed a different authenticator" if you've installed another authenticator app
- Follow the steps on the window provided to open up your authenticator app and get the QR scanner ready
- Once done, click "My Camera is ready" you'll be shown a QR code which you need to scan with your device
- Enter the 6 digit OTP provided by the app into the OTP field and hit "Confirm".
These codes re-generate every 30 seconds, so be quick! You'll need to re-enter the new code on screen if it changes.
- Alternatively, if you don't want to make use of a QR code to get your OTP, please use the setup key option on your auththenticator app and enter the unique code provided on Magnetic, into your authenticator app.
Please note: This key is time based, so select the applicable "time based" option in your authenticator app when prompted for the type of key.
- If successful, you'll be shown a confirmation message which can be dismissed. Setup is now complete and 2FA is active on your Magnetic account
You will now be required to enter the OTP from your authenticator app each time you login to Magnetic, as per below:
Please ensure that you're using "Automatic" time settings on your devices and laptops or desktops when using 2FA. This is generally active by default for most devices but if you wish to check your time settings please follow one of the links below based on your operating system:
- Android - these steps might vary slightly depending on make/model of your android mobile device.
- An administrator can enforce 2FA for a company which will force all users to setup 2FA to access their Magnetic accounts. To enable this:
- Navigate to "Company Settings" and expand the "Security" section
- Check the box provided and hit "Save"
- If you're unable to access your device (and no longer have access to your OTP) you'll need to get in touch with an administrator. An administrator will be able to remove 2FA from your account and you'll need to follow the steps indicated above the re-set up 2FA
- As admin, to remove 2FA navigate to "Invite and Manage Users"
- Find the user and select "Edit"
- Check the box as indicated below and hit "Save"