Follow the steps below to create a new opportunity:
- Either click on opportunities from the Quick Add menu at the bottom of the screen or navigate to Opportunity>New Opportunity
- Fill in all the relevant information (See description of information below)
- Opportunity name: The name of your opportunity.
- Contact: The primary external contact person on the opportunity.
- Company: Associate the opportunity with a company.
- Billing Entity: The billing entity linked to this opportunity.
- Rate Card: The rate card associated to the opportunity
- Description: Description of this opportunity
- Default Billing Rate: Choose the relevant Billing Rate or Item type you want to select by default for all user types on this opportunity. E.g. Creative Concept, Creative Direction, Design, Digital Architecture
- Billable By Default: Choose if the tasks in this opportunity are Billable or Non-billable by default.
- Private: Setting to Private will make the opportunity only visible to the users with assigned tasks in the opportunity.
- Signed: Set to signed when opportunity has been confirmed. The opportunity will then change to a job.
- External reference: Insert a reference that can be used to automatically associate emails to this opportunity by adding (m#reference) to the email subject.
- Closing Date: The target closing date for the opportunity. This is used for forecasts in the reports.
- Duration(Months): What is the expected duration (term) of the job once it is signed? The duration is used to calculate the end date of the job.
- Amount: A monthly or once-off estimated revenue of the opportunity.
- Status: The current status of the opportunity. E.g. Lead, Proposal, Hot. See a tutorial on customising your status lanes.
- Probability: The percentage chance of closing this opportunity.
- Colour: If you've setup colors for your account, you can choose the color label here
- Notify: Send email notification to the owner about the new opportunity or of any changes being made.
- Watcher: Add Watchers who will receive email notifications when important changes happen on the opportunity.
- Tag: Insert comma separated tags for easy searching and reporting. E.g. Conference, Marketing, London
Opportunity Quick menu:
A sub-opportunity is a means of creating smaller projects in one overarching one for particularly complex opportunities/projects. For example, if you are managing a massive event "Rebranding Company", you might want several smaller projects for reporting/management purposes: "Website redesign", "Stationary rebranding" etc.
Follow these steps to create a Sub-Opportunities
- Click on Opportunities
- Hover over the opportunity and from the "Actions" menu click "Add Sub-Opportunity"
- Click on the name of the opportunity you wish to select.
- This should take you to the dashboard for that opportunity.
- Click on "Actions" and scroll down to "Add Sub-Opportunity" and click it.
- Fill in all the relevant information for the sub-job.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article